Thursday, November 24, 2011

Gratitude As Attitude

























Can it be as simple as that?…Gratitude as Attitude?   

Attempting to write something inspirational for my favorite holiday and thinking a little out of the box, I found that inspiration via the New York Times. Leafing through Saturday’s New York Times I came across Holly Epstein Ojalvo’s What Are You Grateful For?” and John Tierney’s piece in the same issue A Serving of Gratitude May Save the Day.  Both Epstein-Ojalvo and Tierney engage the reader describing the positive effects of kindness, generosity and reflection.
  


















They promise us that we will be kinder, more generous less aggressive, and sleep more soundly.  Sounds almost like a magic pill!   Definitely a good “short read” and I felt time well spent. 

I am promising myself to practice more gratitude, as attitude, in the days, weeks, and months to come.  

Happy Thanksgiving.

Gratefully yours,

Barbara Ashfield

Photos from top:
1)   Photo from: danyaalise.tumbler.com
2)   Photo from: speaksoftlyandcarryaredpen.wordpress.com

No comments: