Thursday, June 11, 2009

Le Soleil Est Prés de Moi

Le Soleil Est Prés de Moi is the title of a song by one of my favorite French bands AIR and literally translates to “The Sun Is Close To Me”. I thought this an appropriate title for a post about the color yellow and my own home.

Air - The album Premiers Symptomes

I’m not a “yellow” person, but have been feeling inspired by it lately. I notice that there’s more yellow around my house and garden than I would have thought.

The Mud room in Ann Hall #119 - The photo doesn't do it justice.

I find most yellow paint colors “wimpy” and too pale for my taste. I prefer a more rich and deep sort of “egg-yolk-y” yellow when it comes to painted walls; the walls of my Mud Room are painted such a yellow which gives it a glow that makes me happy every time I see it. The color happens to be an Ann Hall color - #119 (it’s unfortunate her paints only have numbers and not names as they evoke such an aura). Her paints are available here.

Manual Canovas fabric-A possible choice for new pillows on the sofa.

Sorting through an assortment of fabrics in queue to become possible pillow fabrics for my sofa, I discover one has a yellow background…maybe I am a yellow person after all.

Lemons!

Squash blossoms

Kangaroo paw.
The flowers that I should know the name of, but don't.
The color yellow can be seen throughout the garden as well, but this seems to me to be more of a coincidence than a plan. It doesn’t stop me from admiring its unique and warm qualities. Lemons, Kangaroo Paw, Squash blossoms, and a yellow flower which I know I should know the name of but just don’t. When I look at all these different yellows, I feel a little closer to the sun. Perhaps a yellow room is in order for someone I know?

David Hansen

No comments: