Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Meandering In Wine Country Under The Clouds!


A few weeks back I took a quick jaunt up to Wine Country, which is always a welcome diversion! I managed to fit a lot of sights into my short trip. Although the weather was less than ideal (it was pouring rain when we left), it made for an extra dose of natural beauty.

Come with me while I share my wine country amble with you...

Lunch at Bouchon!


A stop in at Ma(i)sonry with it’s highly curated mix of curiosities…








Time at the Indian Springs pool spent below moody skies….









A trip to the Solage resort in Calistoga for an early dinner…



Seeing the sights of St. Helena including a trip to the Martin showroom by Erin Martin and Woodhouse Chocolates










Dinner at Terra in St. Helena...Excellent!...


On the way back a little
shopping for a client at one of my favorite places Artifact Design & Salvage











It wasn’t nearly enough time, so I’m already planning my visit. This time I’m planning for sunshine!


David J. Hansen


Photo at Top: A Bocce ball court at Solage


All Photos by David J. Hansen for Ashfield Hansen Design Inc.


Copyright 2011

1 comment:

Claudia Juestel said...

There never is enough time, is there? But even a day away is so worth it. We are so lucky to live in the Bay Area with all this bounty around us.

Have not been to Bouchon. Did you love it?

Cheers,


Claudia