Thursday, September 22, 2011

C’mon Baby Light My Fire…



There’s a chill in the morning air these days and I know that it won’t be long before I’m spending many an evening in front of the fireplace. There’s nothing more charming than a room lit with a fire or candles – giving off a glow that you can’t achieve with lights. Here are some of my favorites I’ve saved in my wish file over the years.













Barbara Ashfield

Photos from top:


Living Etc. magazine


HouseToHome.co.uk


Vi.sualize.us


Australian Vogue Living


Gerrendennylane.com


Living Etc.


Ofinspiracionline.blogspot.com

7 comments:

Architectural design said...

All of the rooms give off that warm glow as you say can only be achieved with candles. Wonderful.

hyde park apartments chicago said...

Looks good! I'd want this arrangement for my apartment.

hyde park apartments chicago said...

The rooms really look great. Love the arrangement.

red ticking said...

you posted some of my favorite images... my fire is lite as i write this... happy to have discovered your blog.
x pam

red ticking said...

you have shown some of my favorite images that i have saved...happy to have discovered your blog. xx pam

Claudia Juestel said...

I love the white one in the corner. We call them "Kachelofen" in Austria. They are custom-built wood-burning masonry that create very long-lasting warmth. My parents built three in our house, and it was wonderful to lean against in the Winter them to warm up. More often than not they have benches built around them. I love, love them.

Cheers,

Claudia

umkc housing said...

Love it! want this one too!